- First and foremost, High Fivernator of Absolut-ism.com with a sobering take on how cavalierly we treat the day we set aside in memory of one of the greatest leaders the world has ever seen. Sneakers sales and a Rick Ross promotion, not a good look.
- Alex Kennedy of HoopsWorld.com investigates the "Big Apple" phenomena when it comes to NBA players. THe Knicks were disgustingly bad for about a decade, and yet it's still regarded as a hoops hotbed. Good stuff.
Blake Griffin was an EXTREMELY hot topic, and with good reason; he led his Clips to a HUGE wins over the Lakers on Friday, then dropped a Scud-Missiled sized gem of a game on the over-matched Indiana Pacers.
"He gave us 40-something and I'm gonna shake his hand and thank him? Nah, I'm good."
- J.E. Skeets of The Basketball Jones sent out Trey Kerby's amazing 2-minute video unveiling all 47 of Blake's record detonation versus Indy.
- Zach McCann looks at the roller coaster that the Orlando Magic season has been- canceled games, viral domination, roster shuffles, it's a wacky ride.
- J.E. Sheets from The Basketball Jones swings back through with word of a little Boston Bravado. Celts Big Baby and KG sound alot like the Rasheed/McDyess Pistons when dissecting their coverage of Dwight Howard. I'm pretty sure this is the 1st time in print history the word "finesse" has been used to describe Dwight Howard's game.
- My man JR. at CelticsLife.com has a different angle on Big Baby's comments- basically, Baby needs to zip his lip and play his role. Either way you look at it, Boston has dominated Orlando in the wins column lately, but Howard DID go for 33 pts and 13 boards, so maybe Big Baby Davis and Garnett might wanna tone down the "handling Howard" talk.
|"How is this a FOUL!?!?"|
- OK, Tom Ziller at Team Ziller dropped this bomb on me from Lithuaniabasket - A basketball experiment gone wrong. 124 3 pointers. 108 team boards. A jealous Eddie House. If Roylandas Dovydaitas was pulling this crap while we played Live '98, I'm slapping his face then shutting the game off.
- Can't Stop The Bleeding Tweets (CSTB) tells us about everyone's favorite G, Stringer Bell (actor Idris Elba), being honored with a housing development bearing his name over in England. Word is Avon already got those tower boys hoppin'.
"Hey, Der-" "Shut the &$% up."Art Garcia of NBA.com's Hang Time blog weighs in on Charles Barkley's proclamation of Derrick Rose as the league's premier PG, surpassing Deron Williams. Personally, one hot stretch does not "Best Point in the L" make; Deron Williams will concede the title if Rose keeps up this torrid pace and blazes deep into the playoffs. Maybe.
|Mayor Campbell and his Brain Trust.|